As a Piquant baker, our mission is to share our love of food and pastries. We take our craft very seriously. Baking is central and core to Piquant as is the essence of warmth and quality. We use our expertise and take the necessary steps to create the best of breads and baked goods. We work diligently to ensure that we deliver the high quality products that our customers love!
- Preparing doughs, mixes, batters, pastries, cookies and other raw products for baking by placing/shaping in pans; spreading, glazing or sprinkling toppings; allowing dough to rise and monitoring product while baking
- Maintaining a proper bake by adjusting thermostatic controls to regulate oven temperature.
- Maintaining equipment by following proper cleaning procedures.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in scheduled trainings and online learning
- Enhancing the bakery operations and customer experience by accepting ownership for quality of baked product
- Maintaining a positive relationship with all bakery cafe team members through open communication.
- Maintaining a clean, healthy and safe work environment
- Bake menu items in cooperation with the rest of the bakery staff
- Scale & measure recipes accurately
- Answer, report and follow executive or chef owner's instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover product
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Assist in customer service at the cafe as needed
- Answer bakery extension phones as needed and take proper orders of bakery products
- Follow strict uniform policies
- Proven baking and pastry experience
- Excellent understanding of various baking and mixing methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Baking and pastry school diploma encouraged
- French pastry experience encouraged
- Flexible schedules
- Dependability & punctuality
- Candidate must pass a criminal background check
- Passion for craft
- Love of food
Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to eight (8) hours in length. Must have the ability to lift pots, pans, glassware, boxes, etc. up to 50 pounds in weight. Must be able to read and write to facilitate communication. Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment.
The associate is responsible for performing the essential responsibilities of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. The associate should notify Piquant of any reasonable accommodation requests and may need to provide supporting medical documentation. This job description may not list all duties for this position and the associate in this position may be required to perform other duties to meet business needs. Piquant, reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the associate or Piquant may terminate employment at any time.
50% Employee meal & bakery discount
Paid training and continued education