Delivery Driver & Bakery Associate
Upscale grab-and-go, French-inspired bakery, wholesale bakery, patisserie & cafe is looking for an entry level Delivery Driver & Bakery Associate. The Delivery Driver is responsible for delivering all products to our bakery partners with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He/she is also responsible for educating customers about our products and seasonal offerings. The Delivery Driver & Bakery Associate fulfills any other duties the Chef owners, store manager, or shift supervisor assigns and represents Piquant brands in a professional manner. Please read carefully about the requirements from this job. Only qualified candidates need apply.
Our driver (s) are essential to our operations. The driver performs the delivery, check-in, and backroom storage of product in accordance with all customer expectations. They also perform sales and merchandising activities in a number of our customers as well. Knowledge and compliance with FL Department of Transportation and Company Safety Standards is mandatory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate safe driving skills, and be in compliance with all FLDOT Standards, Policies, and Processes.
- Keep a clean and orderly cab and trailer.
- Pick up credits, place loads in proper area, follow customer procedures, and complete paperwork accordingly.
- Obtain needed Proof of Delivery at every stop.
- Responsible for updating management on accurate receiving times.
- Responsible for providing high level of customer service, and creating rapport with all customers.
- Adhere to planned routing, and work with management/ logistics manager on route maintenance.
- Package, label and finish product for delivery according to company standards
- Wash and Sanitize correctly all sheet pans picked up at every Delivery location
- Wash and Sanitize delivery carts
- Sweep and mop floors in the bakery
- Clean, stock and organize bakery as instructed
At some customer locations Delivery Drivers are also responsible for:
- Executing promotional plans through best in class in store selling and communication.
- Create, write, enter, and/or process customer orders at some locations.
- Provide best in class merchandising for customers. Ensure sufficient shelf and backroom inventory, rotate product, maintain tags and display signage
- Share brand and business results with customers and negotiate plans to improve sales performance.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Driver's License required.
- Must be at least 25 Years of Age for Auto Insurance Purposes
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which includes early/morning hours, and willing to assist in special unscheduled customer deliveries.
- The Delivery Schedule includes 2AM arrival, first Delivery 3AM, second Delivery 7:30AM, Third Delivery 9AM. Duties are assigned upon every return to HQ
- Possible shift schedules 10pm to 7am and/or 2am to 10am
- 1-2 years grocery/retail experience preferred
- Clean driving record
- Pass criminal background check and drug test
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach, pull and push with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
The employee frequently pushes/pulls a speed cart or similar piece of equipment throughout each store location that could approximately weigh up to 1000 lbs. depending on the quantity and specific product of cases. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.Pa
Uniform shirt and hat provided. 50% discount employee meals